Kanekichi Yasui is the founder of Brother Company. Kanekichi Yasui was a citizen from Japan. He first started Yasui Sewing Machine Co. This was into repairs and manufacturing sewing machines. 1971 is when brother invented their first high-speed dot-matrix printer.
When it comes to printer Brother Printer is one of the trusted and famous brands amongst the printer manufacturing companies. The brand brother not just manufactures printer it also Manufactures products like fax machines, scanner, sewing machine etc. Brother printers are used for home as well as for business purpose. In this article, we will help you with the easy steps to connect your brother printer to WI-FI for all models.
Easy Steps to Connect Brother Printer to WI-FI
Before we help you with the steps to connect your printer to your wireless device it is very important that you remember the follow details:
- Network Name (both SSID and ESSID) The name of your Network or Wi-Fi
- Password, Encryption Key and make sure about the upper and lower case of your password.
Important -Brother Printers generally make use of the WEP KEY Type. In case if your router is using extra WEP Key. Then select the first key.
Recent Blog: How to fix Brother printer offline?
Manage Brother Printer via Control Panel
- Plug-in your printer to an AC outlet and turn it on.
- Click on Menu button use the up and down arrow key and select Network
- Now use the up and down arrow and select WLAN
- Go to option setup Wizard and Click on enable WLAN
After doing these steps you will be able to start WIFI Wizard Setup, This might take few seconds to search and give you the list of SSID’s (Name of the Wi-Fi) available. Once you get the list choose the name of your and click on. Still need help please call our brother printer customer support at +1-877-353-1149
Or visit our site: http://www.brotherprintersupport.org/
Connect brother printers using USB cable
While connecting your printer using USB cable again it is very important that you remember the SSID (Name of Wi-Fi) Type of password (Encryption Key) and Password.
- Connect your printer with an AC Power Cord.
- Power on both your computer and printer
- Put the CD-ROM (CD) that you have received with your printer in your computer CD Drive.
- Important Windows operating systems and Macintosh operating systems both have their own ways to install.
For windows operating systems:
- Once you run the CD-ROM in the CD drive in your computer you will get a pop up message on your screen to choose the model and preferred language.
- Choose install printer driver from the CD-ROM Menu that appears on your computer.
- Once you choose install printer driver you will get another pop up asking you to select Allow or Yes for the options of User Account Control, License Agreement, and Wireless Network Connection.
- Choose the option as brother peer-to-peer Network Printer. Then find the name of your Wi-Fi and configure.
For Macintosh operating systems:
- Turn on both your computer as well as printer
- Click on the apple icon on your computer at the extreme left corner
- Choose system preference option under the apple icon
- Select on the printer & fax icon o your computer
- Find the model of your brother printer and select it
- Then click on the add option
Following these steps your Mac computer should be connected to your printer using USB Cable. Still have problem please contact our Brother Printer Customer Support at +1-877-353-1149.